I have received the very sad news that the eminent Dr. Charles Burton has passed away on the 21/12/2020. He was for all adhesive Arachnoiditis sufferers, our hero. For many years he has helped us who are trying to get justice. He came to London holding a conference in 1995, we have a video of his talk on our website. We thank him for his great efforts speaking up for a.A. sufferers and educating the medical profession regarding this dreadful condition. Thank you so much Dr. Burton, we will sadly miss you, God bless you. Ursula Coxhead
My father Edward Eansworth, MAG website administrator and fellow Myodil victim sadly passed away on Saturday 23 November 2019. We worked together to create the MAG website and FB page, along with the Myodil Victims Worldwide Register. We hoped that by publishing as much research material that we could find, and by encouraging other victims to interact with us we could gain enough recognition to bring meaningful results. My father suffered tremendously with pain and disability, but would not give in. He will be missed.
A tribute from Ursula Coxhead:
On behalf of all a.A. sufferers we express our deepest sympathy to Robert and his Family for the sad loss of Edward. He and Robert worked so hard creating the MAG website together with Myodil Victims Register and FB page. I am so grateful to Robert for continuing our Website, thank you so much. Edward will be sadly missed by all of us. Ursula
Iofendylate versus Iophendylate
Please find below a small list of links to the many current suppliers of Iofendylate being sold under the brand names Myodil, Pantopaque, Ethiodan, Neurotrast. The chemical compound called Iofendylate is the same as Iophendylate. There are companies in China supplying it, but there are also companies in America, Canada, and Germany in the list below. There may also be more companies that we are not aware of.
Dr. Charles V. Burton M.D. F.A.C.S., the eminent American Neurosurgeon, Director/Founder of The Institute for Low Back and Neck Care, states in all cases Myodil caused a Toxic Chemical Meningitis to some degree which then progressed leading to levels of Adhesive Arachnoiditis.
Dr. Suzanne Parisian M.D., in her 2002 expert report states: "Physicians and FDA in the 1940's through the 1980's were not told that the "risks" of Pantopaque (Iophendylate/Myodil) were seen in animal testing to be equivalent to the unacceptable "risks" of other oil-based imaging agents." "It is my opinion, within a reasonable degree of medical certainty, and based on my training and experience, that such negligent actions by Lafayette Pharmacal and Alcon Laboratories prior to 1983 directly contributed to the chronic Pantopaque-related spinal injuries reported within the U.S. population."
Professor Michael Sage, Past President, Chief Counsel, and Honorary Editor, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists states (during the 2012 Australian Parliamentary Round Table Inquiry): "I believe that the most common cause of chronic arachnoiditis is Myodil, and most people have been suffering for 40 years."
Professor Marcus Stoodley, Professor of Neurosurgery at Macquarie University states (during the 2012 Australian Parliamentary Round Table Inquiry): "I have researched the literature and I have seen the animal studies that have been done and the clinical reports that has led to my view that there can be no doubt there is a connection between the use of those oil based contrast agents and the development of arachnoiditis."
Myodil Myelography was nothing less than human experimentation. All patients were subjected to the torturous procedure of being assaulted when a hypodermic needle was thrust in to our central nervous system and injected with the poison Myodil (Iophendylate). We were then left brain damaged, crippled, incontinent, and in agonizing pain. There are also records on this website about some patients who died instantaniously, which under normal circumstances would be classed as murder or manslaughter. It is now proven and widely accepted that in all cases Myodil caused the incurable, untreatable, iotragenic disease toxic chemical meningitis, which progressed to the devastating crippling condition Adhesive Arachnoiditis. Glaxo and the medical profession would have you believe only 1% were affected, but this is also proven untrue by statements from all patients that they suffered a reaction and have been left seriously injured. This can only mean doctors were not reporting reactions or the true figures have been withheld. By refusing to accept this medical injury Glaxo, governmental health authorities, and the medical profession are inflicting political and medical cruelty.
Since the UK freedom of information act you have a right to access your medical records, and a right to read every medical report in your file, you also have a right to ask for copies but you might have to pay. The two Myelogram reports should be in your file and it should say what contrast medium they used (but don't be surprised if they have "mysteriously" disappeared). To access your file you will have to contact your current hospital and make an appointment to see your file, or you can write to your hospital and ask what contrast medium was used in the Myelograms, you can also ask them to send you copies of the reports but you may have to pay. You also have a right to a CD copy of the recent MRI scan, and a copy of the report, but again you might have to pay.